Spiritual Awakening: What Does It Feel Like? 33 Signs!
What Does Spiritual Awakening Feel Like?
It can be difficult to spot changes in oneself, but when you do become aware of them, they may appear significant. Becoming conscious is a journey that takes time, and reading this article will help guide you through how a spiritual awakening may feel. Think of the list every now and then to remind yourself how someone might feel after awakening.
As a person walks down the spiritual path, there are many different things they might experience on the spiritual journey. Let’s look at 33 Signs of a Spiritual Awakening and What It Feels Like:
– There might be an increase in self-worth and confidence.
– Some individuals claim to have felt as though a part of themselves has been discovered or awakened.
– Others describe waking up as if from a long sleep or dream, feeling lost.
– It’s possible that the physical senses have become heightened. You begin to sense the physical body communicating through how it feels.
– There is the potential that an individual will choose to change certain aspects of their life.
Spiritual awakening can sound like a complex thing, but it’s all just about becoming more in tune with yourself and with your surroundings. It might be difficult to perceive changes in yourself at first, especially if you find it hard to differentiate between spiritual and non-spiritual feelings and experiences.
Having a sense of awareness doesn’t need to be seen as special – it’s just simply part of your life. Spiritual awakening is about becoming aware of those things that previously you might have ignored, such as the emotions and thoughts inside yourself or the energy all around you. You don’t necessarily become more in tune with things outside of yourself, you become more aware of the person inside.
-Some people feel that they are more intuitive or sensitive to things around them.
– There may be a change in how one perceives reality, either through seeing it as being “more real”, or by feeling detached from it at times.
– People often experience an increase in memory recall, sometimes to the point that they are able to remember everything that has ever happened to them.
– The concept of time might change or become meaningless at times.
– There may be an increase in self-control and stability, which can result in heightened patience.
Often people experience a deep sense of creativity, spontaneity, and curiosity.
– There can be an increase in mindfulness (awareness of the present moment).
– Creativity may become heightened, whether it’s artistic or scientific.
– People might feel like they are thinking faster than usual.
– Some people notice that their senses are different. They might be able to feel things better or they can see numbers as colors.
– People might find that they are hyper-focused, whether on things they enjoy or not when spiritually awake.
– At times it may feel like thoughts are racing, with no way to slow them down, and at other times it can feel like nothing is going on at all.
– People might feel a sense of connection with the world, instead of seeing it as a bunch of individual things.
– Life can seem meaningful and purposeful, more so than before.
– The boundaries between oneself and other people or life, in general, may feel blurred.
– It’s possible that some people might feel like they are floating, or flying as if everything is dissolving around them.
– There may be a sense of unconditional love and compassion towards oneself and others or an increase in empathy.
– Some people find that they see the world with new eyes and fresh perspective, and gain wisdom from their insights.
– It’s common for people to feel an increase in energy, endurance, and physical stamina.
– Some report having synchronicities or precognitive dreams.
-It’s possible that your problems or bad habits resurface after you wake up.. But, when you see them this time, it is not like before. You can look at them differently with clarity.
Some people experience a dark night of the soul. This is when some things that they had known about themselves or their lives are thrown into flux when experiencing a spiritual awakening. This can seem like an emotional roller coaster.
– There might be an increase in restlessness, as the mind is more active and busy than before.
– People often report feeling less attached to their thoughts after a first awakening experience as they are closer to their true nature.
– They also typically report having a lessened desire for material things.
– There can be an increase in concentration, focus, and determination to accomplish things.
– A person may feel less willing to take the “easy” path in life or surrender their power since they now see it as just another illusion of separation at play.
– They might notice that their mind is full of chatter, but that it’s less meaningful than before.
– You might feel at peace with life. That is when there is no strife in your life, either inside or out. The connection to mind, body, and soul becomes clearer.
Will a Spiritual Awakening Change Who I am?
For some their Early Spiritual Awakening like seeing energy or hearing spirit voices or even knowing they are psychic without being taught to feel normal. People can have new Kundalini symptoms after experiencing some type of spiritual awakening.
If you want to get better at coping with this, it is important for you to learn more about it “Here” Kundalini Awakening: What is It and How Can I tell I am Having One. This is when it becomes important for some people to seek out a Spiritual Awakening support group or coach. They need help with coping with the new experience.
For others, there is no noticeable change of personality but rather more ongoing changes over time that are very obvious even though they appear subtle on the surface. People’s personalities can change. One way they can change is when someone used to be fun-loving and now they are more serious and intense.
Another example of subtle change would be someone becoming aware of their empathic gifts. Once this type of change happens it can never go back to the way things were before, yet on the surface, there is not much difference in their personality. If you had known them prior to their awakening it would be like they didn’t wake up as the same person.
A spiritual awakening can cause a person to think differently, feel differently, and even act differently than they once did. For some people, this means they will now want to make changes in their lives that reflect a more spiritual lifestyle. Over time, a spiritual awakening can also mean that a person’s personality will change quite noticeably, but not always.
For others, it may be subtle or gradual. For others, their spiritual awakening symptoms might result in bodily changes that they may notice when attempting to go back to sleep after waking up in the middle of the night.
The reason why someone’s personality can remain the same or why it changes over time is because of their ability to cope with mental and emotional stress. This stress can play a big role in causing Kundalini symptoms. If you ever see a baby cry for no reason, it can be hard to watch them cry without being able to do anything.
Infants are not able to think for themselves and so they are ruled by how they feel moment by moment. If something happens that causes pain, discomfort, or even makes them uncomfortable, they will cry out until someone comforts them.
This is the natural consequence of growing up since if we did this, our bodies would wear down and we wouldn’t be able to keep things going for a long time. As we get older, we learn how to handle our feelings in different ways. For example, crying won’t always be the only thing that helps us when something is difficult or uncomfortable.
This coping mechanism is good for living in this world because if everything was always comfortable and easy, then there would be no need for any challenges.
We can’t keep coping forever. It means that we are numbing ourselves to the pain. This often comes in the form of addictions or compulsions. Addictions can be dangerous if not dealt with properly.
Can Spiritual Awakening be Painful?
I know it sounds like an odd question. “Of course not! It’s the ultimate in feeling good!” may be your knee-jerk reaction.
However, like many things in this awakening process, there is more than one side to this story…
The Spiritual Awakening Process can indeed feel wonderful, ecstatic, and blissful beyond words… but it can also be profoundly uncomfortable, unpleasant, and downright excruciating.
It can also involve a whole bunch of other challenging feelings too! Fear, anger, doubt… loneliness, grief… overwhelm, confusion… despair.
No wonder you’re looking for an explanation. You’ve probably been told that spiritual awakening feels good. So if this other not-so-good stuff is happening, then you are doing something wrong!
Well, if I’m honest, that’s probably partly true. 😉 It’s important to have a positive view of what awakening means… otherwise you can get so overwhelmed by the dark stuff that it becomes your entire experience and puts you off from following your path. However, not noticing the dark stuff would be equally problematic.
I mean, consider the idea of “darkness” in your life right now. If you remember back to when you were a child, there was most likely a time when you didn’t like the dark at all. It was something unknown; unfamiliar… scary! Now however you may think of darkness as a peaceful, restful state… even a time for quiet celebration.
When you are connected to your life after awakening, you can forget about parts that were hard. This is common.
However, the truth is that all of those experiences serve you in some way… even if it isn’t immediately apparent. Even the feelings that feel bad or hurtful can teach you something powerful. To do this, you need to let go of any feelings that might be stopping you from feeling the feelings fully.
So what does it take to prepare yourself for spiritual awakening? The short answer is that you can’t prepare yourself! All you can do is get clear about what your life means to you, make the decision to live it fully, be open to new experiences, and perhaps lay down some firm boundaries around how other people treat you.
Okay… perhaps there are a few more things! To help people with uncomfortable feelings, you also need to be mindful of the tendency we all have. We want to avoid feeling uncomfortable. We do this on a daily basis and it can become an ingrained habit.
Your thoughts might get stuck on things that don’t matter, like old emails or texts. You might also keep thinking about conversations that happened a long time ago. Avoid this by not rereading old texts and emails, and only thinking about the past when you have to.
Remember, thoughts are only an expression of what you’re already feeling… so if you spend too much time dwelling on things inside your head by yourself, you could find yourself stuck in the feelings those thoughts bring up.
No matter where you are on the Awakening path, whether you chose to awaken or it was sparked by an event in your life. It is good to have someone that will walk with you whether it is a spiritual teacher, coach, or both. If you are walking this on your own like many of us have done.
Remember, to be patient with yourself, apply awareness to small tasks in the beginning, and as you go through this process awareness will become effortless and it will become how you process the experiences you have while here on earth.